Tuesday, January 24, 2012

W1D5 - Not quite habit

Yes, i have very sneakily claimed underdog status by...err...being the underdog. It is incredibly cunning of me I know. I draw the panel's attention to Steve's "usual 4.5 km walk" and invite them to compare with my "usual sitting around on the couch eating crap", asking only that they draw an appropriate conclusion.

Tuesday's efforts....non existent. No lunch time walk due to a farewell lunch for a couple of my troops. But I did take a lead from Steve and stocked up on vitamins and so forth, including some vitamin b. Steve was advocating the use of b3 as a real help to boosting energy, but the tablets I have are 100 mg whereas he was talking about 1500, so will be interesting to see how different I feel in a day or so. technically I am not supposed to exercise on immunology day but I think a gentle walk will be ok as I am now several years into treatment.

No excuses for tomorrow obviously as its a public holiday, but I don't think a big one is on the cards. I'm feeling quite stiff following the efforts so far. I might mix it up a little by heading off the beaten track and walking one of Canberra's nearby trails. The 'Bush Capital' has some very convenient locations even in the suburbs for getting some bush air. Just snakes to worry about there seem to have been a lot of them this year.

Evening Update

Ack! foiled again, lunch with the boss stopped the lunchtime walk and now that I am home there are looming thunderstorms!  The only positive to speak of was that I consumed a snack box full of celery and carrot sticks (after having eaten a grilled chicken and bacon burger for lunch....with fries).

1 comment:

  1. It is totally alright Dave, we can only do what we can do.... Tomorrow is another day :-)

    Looking forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete