Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 3 - Just Get Out There

Ok Week 3 begins after what can only be described as an abysmal week 2 on my part.

I didn't count my sugar properly as challenged by Steve so I am conceding 3 points to Steve unless he confesses that he didn't count his sugar properly either.

Life was determined to get in the way this week.  I don't know how many calories I burned carrying my gym gear to work and home again but I'm pretty sure it would have been better had I actually made it to the gym instead of getting stuck on conference calls, dealing with a seemingly endless stream of random crises and so forth.  Just quietly, this week wont be much chop either as a whole bunch of the executive governance committees meet this week which always makes my work day busy...not to mention Senate Estimates.

I did manage to get one lunch walk in by doubling it up with a walk to the hospital and back (4km) to visit a mate who had just had a kidney whipped out in double quick time.  1 week from first diagnosis to going home minus a kidney and a bread loaf sized mass.  A bit of exercise and an encouragement to 'do something' about general health.

On the plus size I am minus size.  At week 3 start weigh in I am now 2 pounds lighter. I am claiming 1 bonus pound from week 1 for walking nearly as far as Steve.  I am conceding 3 bonus pounds to Steve for Week 2 challenge considering I didn't do it properly (unless he confesses that he didn't either in which case I'll claim1 pound back and give him 2).  I'm not sure how much weight Steve has lost since we began so I will post the score as...

Dave  3  -  5+?  Steve

Week 3 Challenge - Just Get Out There
Do some exercise.  Anything.  Walking, swimming, gardening, cycling, cardio, tai chi, taikwaendo, whatever.  If it's off the lounge and doing something that burns calories at a rate above what your normal work day would burn, then it counts for this challenge.  This is about converting idle time to healthy time. 

"Hours Out There" is the measurement.  Apologies for not posting this yesterday Steve, I thought this was ok because you can claim anything you did yesterday no problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment