Saturday, July 7, 2012

Smashing it out!

OK, well in response to Dave's post today I thought I better fill you all in with my activities for the past week. Monday and Wednesday are Taekwondo sessions at our local school. I joined the club in 1987, and I must say that it keeps getting better and better. The people are 100% what keeps me going back, week after week, year after year. I had what I can only describe as one of the best nights ever on Wednesday, doing some traditional training and forms work. Then I paired up with another David which I will call "mini you"! "Mini you" has been training for 20 years or so, and cross trained in Brazilian Ju Jitsu and alike. We played around with self defence and takedown's for 45 minutes or so, and we both learned some pretty cool stuff. Very rewarding! Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays are Jazzercise. Now I know that it is typically a women's domain, but my feminine side has been making a break for it, and I have been dancing around, jumping about having a blast. These 1 hour sessions are awesome, and offer a great cardio workout, plus toning even past of your body. Yep, my whole body aches like a b@st@rd, but in a good way. The instructors are friendly and funny... which turns a "chore" into an activity! I am looking forward to next class already. Did I mention that we went out for brunch afterwards and had eggs, bacon, beans and mushrooms!! Booyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment